All children eligible for enrollment in public schools in New York State in grades K-6 may enroll in DCS, subject to availability.
- Students eligible for the federal free or reduced-price lunch program have preference in admission.
- Siblings have preference in admission and are enrolled as space allows.
- DCS is a public charter school: there are no fees or placement tests.
- As a charter school, parents must apply for student admission.
Because space is limited –two classes per grade level-, if the number of applications exceed the number of slots available, the school must hold a lottery. Per NYS regulations, the lottery for admission must be held in April of each year for students entering the school in the fall of that year. The 2022 lottery will be held on April 5th at 9:00 a.m.
Join us LIVE for the 2022-23 Student Placement Lottery!
Topic: Discovery Placement Lottery for the 2021-22 School Year
Time: Apr 5, 2021 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 743 4802 9284
- Applicants from the district of location (Greece Central) who qualify for free or reduced-price lunch, are drawn first.
- Applicants who are residents of other school districts who qualify for free or reduced-price lunch are drawn next.
- Applicants from the district of location (Greece Central) who do not qualify for free or reduce-price lunch are drawn next.
- Lastly, applicants from other school district who do not qualify for free or reduce-price lunch are drawn.
If the number of applicants exceeds the spaces available per grade level, the students are placed on a waiting list in the order in which their names were drawn.
DCS notifies the enrollment status of an applicant immediately after the lottery and advises the parent/guardian when the enrollment acceptance is due at the school.
Note: Because the majority of the students return to the school year after year, the number of spaces available may be limited in some grades. Space in kindergarten depends on the number of siblings who want to attend DCS. Siblings have preference in admission and are registered before the lottery date.
NEW! Apply online: