Discovery Charter School is looking to hire a Parent Liaison. This person is responsible for overseeing enrollment of the school and for maintaining positive relationships with parents and the communities served by the school.
The Parent Liaison/Dean of Students is responsible for parent outreach and cultivation which includes coordinating the school’s Family Association, recruiting parents to volunteer in the school, and maintaining regular communication with parents throughout the year. The individual is also responsible for assisting with student discipline, being a positive role model for students, and coaching students on life-development matters. This position is an integral part of the dynamic staff and education team that has been formed in the school.
- Able to communicate in an outstanding manner, both orally and in writing.
- Able to understand, empathize with, and effectively motivate parents of elementary-age children.
- Able to create and maintain accurate records, manage the administration of the school’s Family Association, and organize and execute events.
- Able to appropriately deal with student discipline issues.
- Able to work as a positive, energetic, and disciplined member of the employee team at the school
The position reports to the school director.
Those interested may e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Deadline to accept applications is December 12, 2012.