March 15, 2020
Good Morning Discovery Families,
This morning during a press conference with local officials (city and school leaders) it was shared that there will be several Rochester Recreation centers and city school sites where children can receive “grab and go meals” during the school closure period.
Recreations centers will be open from 8am-8pm Monday, March 16th. Foodlink will provide breakfast, lunch and dinner at the following R Centers sites:
– Adams Street – 85 Adams St.
– Avenue D – 200 Avenue D
– Carter Street – 500 Carter St.
– Tyshaun Cualdwell – 524 Campbell St.
– Frederick Douglass – 999 South Ave.
– Flint Street – 271 Flint St.
– David Gantt – 700 North St.
– Trenton and Pamela Jackson (Clinton- Baden) – 485 N. Clinton Ave.
– Thomas Ryan – 530 Webster Ave.
The following seven schools will also provide serve prepackaged breakfast, lunch and dinner grab-and-meals from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
– East Upper & Lower School – 1801 East Main St.
– Dr. Freddy Thomas Campus – 625 Scio St.
– The former Jefferson High School – 1 Edgerton Park
– James Monroe High School – 164 Alexander Street
– John Williams School No. 5 – 555 Plymouth Ave.
– Wilson Foundation Academy – 200 Genesee St.
– School No. 42 – 3330 Lake Ave
We will continue to share other resources and food distribution sites as we are made aware in the coming days. Families needing assistance regarding food, shelter or non-medical services are asked to call Lifeline at 211.
We will continue to post updates regarding school closure information and instructional updates on our DCS website and DCS Facebook group. We will also ask classroom teachers to share information through their respective classroom apps like Dojo or Remind. Please check these places frequently for updates.
Thanks for your patience and partnership as we navigate this unchartered territory.
Sara Castner and Ashley Dame-Marino
DCS Leadership Team